At Chaitons, we seek the highest-qualified professionals who demonstrate initiative, creativity and dedication to achieving superior results. Every member of the team is dedicated to building valuable, advice-based relationships both internally and with our national and international clients.
Chaitons is a supportive environment where every member of our team is encouraged to achieve his/her full potential. If you are looking to work with a team that has a track record for superior results, a reputation for professional excellence, and where hard work and commitment is rewarded, then we are looking forward to meeting you.
Opportunities for Lawyers
We have no positions available at the moment.
Opportunities for Administrative Staff
Mortgage Enforcement Law Clerk
CHAITONS LLP is a mid-sized law firm, located in North Toronto with a substantial lending and recovery practice. We offer a congenial work environment, state-of-the-art technology and competitive salary and benefits. Positions are currently available in our busy Mortgage Enforcement Department for experienced Legal Assistants and Law Clerks.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum 3-5 years experience working on secured mortgage enforcement files on behalf of financial institutions;
- Preparation of demand letters, notices of sale, statements of claim, default judgment, motion records, garnishments, etc.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team-oriented environment;
- Ability to follow instructions with minimal supervision and take initiative as required;
- Law Clerk or Legal Assistant Diploma/Certificate from a recognized institution;
- Strong technical skills with proficiency in MS Office applications;
- Experience with DRN and Litigation/Collection Highway a definite asset;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with attention to detail.
Chaitons LLP is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply. Chaitons LLP will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are always interested in talented, motivated people. If you have relevant experience you think we should know about, we invite you to submit your resume to Chaitons by e-mail to email@example.com
5000 Yonge Street, 10TH Floor
Toronto, Ontario M2N 7E9