CHAITONS LLP is a mid-sized law firm, located in North Toronto with a substantial lending and recovery practice. We offer a congenial work environment, state-of-the-art technology and competitive salary and benefits. We are currently recruiting for an experienced Law Clerk to join our Commercial Real Estate department. This is a permanent, full-time position offering full health, dental and disability benefits upon successful completion of three-month probationary period.
- Managing files from beginning to end of transactions including large commercial purchase and sales, bank financings of commercial, retail industrial and multi-residential transactions;
- Prepare and respond to letters of requisition;
- Attending to registrations under the Personal Property Security Act (Ontario);
- Communication with various Planning Departments and Committee of Adjustments Departments to obtain consents under the Planning Act (Ontario) and to the preparation and registration of the requisite documentation;
- Review of leases and leasing agreements;
- Liaise with all internal and external parties involved with the proceedings, including preparation of correspondence as required;
- Conducting subsearches and full searches of title with respect to a broad range of properties, including complex commercial properties, and preparing detailed title reports and summaries;
- Review of various forms of surveys, reference plans and complex legal descriptions;
- Communicating in a professional manner with lawyers and other team members;
- Ability to manage a large workload volume and problem solving with minimal supervision;
- Meeting strict deadlines with excellent multi-tasking skills;
- Preparing reporting letters to clients.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- 3 - 5 years commercial real estate experience;
- Ability to work both independently and within a team-oriented environment;
- Ability to follow instructions with minimal supervision and take initiative as required;
- Law Clerk or Legal Assistant Diploma/Certificate from a recognized institution;
- Strong technical skills with proficiency in Teraview, Conveyancer and MS Office applications;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with attention to detail.
Qualified candidates are asked to submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.